What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent to you? - September 08, 2026

 Prompt Response: A place that holds a special place to my heart was a Toys R Us store in Nocross. This place holds a special place in my heart because it was in the part of Georgia I grew up before I moved to Dekalb during Covid and also during that time I was actually stress free and happy. I remember it was every Saturday from around 5 or 6 to 9 in the night when my parents, my little siblings and me went to this specific Toys R Us store in Nocross, me and my siblings would always spend hours after hours roaming around the store trying to find the new toy of the week, and sometimes we would even play with the toys even if they were still in boxes. It only became better if it was during Halloween season because we would go to the Halloween store right across from Toys R Us and there was also an old lady who always shifted last just to see me and my siblings get the toys we wanted which during that season will give us candy. Every Saturday she would ask me and my little sister how school went that week and that bright smile she always had always brighten up my weekend. Ever since that store close down in that moment I knew my childhood was over in a way but that never stopped me from stop loving toys, it only made me love them more especially now that kids don't even play with toys anymore which call me childish all you want but I believe I'm just a kid in heart, the other good thing is that the old lady still works in that same area but in a arts and crafts store which also makes me happy knowing that some part of my childhood is still alive in a way.

Summary: Today in class we started to read the story, "A Rose for Emily", and we started to answer questions up to part 2.

Reflection: After reading up to part 2 of "A Rose for Emily", it made me realize how much of her dad is like my parents who both are really protective and controlling when it comes to being with anyone in life which later she becomes isolated after her dad dies, which I don't want to happen to myself. It also made me realize how we should let things go because it would somehow affect us in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week - August 14, 2026

A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026

How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection. - September 11, 2026