A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026
Prompt Response: A phrase that I found myself using the most right now is “what is up my guys”. I started to use this especially since the beginning of the school year when one of my teammates and best friends from my color guard team, Danny, started to say it every time she saw one of us just arrived at school. To be honest ever since I joined color guard I started to pick up things that they say or do and this was not an exception especially when it sounded funny every time she said it. Once me and the rest of the team started to say it, at first she looked at us with the biggest side-eye ever, but eventually she got used to it and even started to laugh when we’re all in sync. I usually only use it when I’m saying hi to them early in the morning same thing as another phrase I use like, “vas happenin” which is a reference by one of the members from my favorite boy band One Direction, but I usually only use it with my closest people which in this case, they’re my color guard friends, but it just shows how much they mean to me in my life, and how much of myself I can actually be without none of them judging me or think I’m insane just like how my old friend group did, but this one instead of all the judgement they would just join in with me.
Summary: Today in class we worked on vocab words and 3 separate exercises from the College Bound book.
Reflection: After working on the vocab today I realized that my words that I usually used are still not as upper level as they should be and that’s the area of grammar that I want to work on. I also realized that some of the words that I use can be replaced with the vocab words that I learned today but only use it when it comes to my writing so I can improve on it.
Comments
Post a Comment