Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience? - September 14, 2026

 Prompt Response: A time when curiosity or temptation caused me to ignore a warning or a rule was when I snuck out of my house for the first time. It was the summer after freshman year, I was hanging out with my cousins late at night but I had to go back to my house eventually, but I didn’t want to leave so my cousins gave me one of the most brilliant ideas at the time, but now looking back at it the most stupidest. After my parents finally went to sleep, and mind you my whole family slept in one room so it already was gonna be difficult to begin with but once I managed to get out of the room and was near the keys I stopped in my tracks and started to hesitate. I was about to text my cousins that I was gonna back down and not sneak out but the temptation of being with my cousins for a little longer was killing me, so I just gave in. Once I got the keys I started driving to my cousins house again and once I was there we started to have fun but something seem off but I just didn’t notice until me and my cousins went out for a quick drive and it was none of our mothers were calling us which seem already off, but once we were near the park near my cousins house I parked my car and they did the same. Everything seemed to be fine at first, but then we saw some car headlights behind us and we quickly put our hoodies on, just in case but one of my cousins had to look back and of course, it was my aunts car and in that moment we started to run as fast as we could at that time. Eventually, my aunt caught up to us even though I was the last one she got, but my situation didn’t end happily, sure I got grounded for like a week or two but it also taught me a lesson because even though I just wanted to spend more time with my cousins I could've just asked them because anything could’ve happened to me, especially when it was during the night.


Summary: Today in class we read the story of “The Rockpile by James Baldwin” and finished off with starting with the questions for the story.


Reflection: The story, “The Rockpile” shows how a toxic household and a strict father can create so much fear and tension between brothers. It made me realize how quickly violence can happen when kids are left to navigate an environment without any protection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week - August 14, 2026

A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026

How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection. - September 11, 2026