If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality. - September 17, 2026

 Post Response: Using the STEAL method someone would describe me as a deeply loyal, imaginative, and multi-personality person who reveals different layers of myself over time. My Speech will show that, as I initially talk softly and nervously with strangers or family, but quickly switch to talking incredibly fast and unstoppably once I am comfortable and discussing things I love. In Thoughts, where I constantly overthink, impulsively react, and lose myself in elaborate fantasies. My deeply supportive Effect on others proves that I am a loyal friend, always ready to be there for people through their highs and lows, whether they need advice or just a good laugh. This loyalty is showed even more in my daily Actions, as I choose to spend my time tightly bonded with my color guard friends, making them even more important than my old friends. Finally, my Looks reflect my varied style even despite being short, I wear whatever trends catch my eye, using my clothing to express my personality.


Summary: Today in class we learned about direct and indirect characterization and used it in the story of the “Rockpile”.


Reflection: Learning the difference between direct and indirect characterization taught me that great storytelling balances explained details with little clues. While direct characterization saves time by telling me exactly who a character is, indirect characterization challenges me to "read between the lines" and infer personality through speech, looks, and actions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week - August 14, 2026

A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026

How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection. - September 11, 2026