A fear that I overcome - September 1,2026

 Prompt Response: A fear that I have overcome is the fear of heights. When I was little there were two things that I had a huge fear of which were heights and pigs, sadly I’m still scared of pigs. The fear of heights started I think out of nowhere, I mean I always was afraid of heights, I just don’t know why, like everytime when I went to the pool and I wanted to jump off from the diving board or even go to waterslides, I would always back down and rush to get out of there, or when I went to Stone Mountain and I saw how far we were from the ground after climbing it, I remember holding really tight on a tree branch, just because I thought I was gonna crack my head open if I just look down. It was to a trip to Orlando in freshman year for the music department, all my friends were already telling me that we need to go to that Jurassic Park ride eventually throughout the trip, I kept telling them I wasn’t gonna ride it, no matter how much Butterbeers or late night snacks they were gonna give me. I remember we were on the line for the VelociCoaster after my friends tried really hard to convince me to go in line only because they would let me go to the Mummy ride again later that day, anyways we were on the line I kept getting more nervous the more closer we were getting to the ride, I almost backed out at one point. Once I sat down on the ride I could feel my heart beat so fast I swear in that moment I almost passed out I even started to pray, but that adrenaline disappeared once the ride started. The loops, the speed even the part where we had to go upside down was nothing scary to me towards the end of the ride to the point where I asked them if we could go back again, which surprised them but it also surprised me that in that moment I could easily get over the fear of height but somehow even at the age of 14 in that time I was still scared of pigs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week - August 14, 2026

A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026

How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection. - September 11, 2026