August 13 Blog Post

 Prompt Response: Creating my own origin myth helped me better understand why specific cultures explain any origin by showing how even though the stories might be old, it does teach us valuable lessons and morals that, people today lack of.  While writing and planning out what I'm gonna write I knew already that it was gonna be about what we majority of us lack of, which is loyalty and trust and I wanted to make sure everyone knows why those two things are so important in our life by writing this story to teach people or make them read an idea of what could happen to them if they don't have any loyalty or trust within them. I did had a hard time on like the characters but since we could like different elements I thought to use something like that within my story to see how much they contrasted even before the conflict unfolded, but overall this idea of an assignment does really help a student to put out their own ideas of what they think a Native American story should be.

Summary: Today in class, after learning all this week on what's a Native American Literature, we started to write and plan our own myth story just like the Native's.

Reflection: Having to learn about this topic and doing this assignment not only helped me understand what a Native American story is but it also taught me how stories now should teach us a moral or a lesson at one point thoughout the story because if there is no like reasoning or  something taught because of the story then I don't see a point on reading that story. This assignment has also helped me in being more confident towards my writing since I always wrote for myself, so this assignment has helped me to just go with the flow as I write even if it's for a class assignment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week - August 14, 2026

A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026

How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection. - September 11, 2026