A time when my heart and mind thought differently - August 25
Prompt Response: A time when my heart and mind wanted two different things was with my recent breakup of my first and only ex. You see I never had a relationship before this dude and the only thing I knew of what “love” should be were from the movies, not even my parents showed true love because they will never see each other since they were always busy with work. So I thought I was doing everything I had to do when it came to loving. I thought I was being the best girlfriend ever, until we broke up. Obviously, I was devastated I didn’t want it to end I still loved him and everything but I did notice for the last 3 days of the relationship he acted weird and didn’t even wanted to talk to me at all and when he did it will be only about one thing, and we all know what that one thing is and the worst part was we were long distance at the time. At that moment of the breakup I forgot my brain existed and instead went on and listened to my heart because I still loved him, even when my “friends” hated him even thought they were his friends too, even when he had done bad things in the past I still saw him as the perfect guy in the world.
Summary: Today we read another poem by Emily Dickinson called, “Heart, We Will Forget
Reflection: The poem we read today explains how hard it is on trying to move on or forcefully removing that person from your brain but yet your heart still wants them. It’s relatable to everyone, especially people around my age because it shows no matter how hard you find a logical way to get them out of your brain your heart won’t flip the switch easily.
Comments
Post a Comment