A time I felt connected to nature - August 10

 Prompt Response: A time I felt connected to nature was when I was staying with my cousins this summer, me and my older cousins were staying in this ranch house, up North where one of my aunts own one. We were having a huge birthday party for one of my cousin's kid's who was turning two at that time, my cousins told me to where comfortable clothes for the party, I didn't know for what at first but then, when I saw those horses and a bull in that ranch, now I knew at that moment when they meant. Once the little kids I was taking care of were busy with the chickens, me and my little cousins went directly towards the horses, and once I saw this pretty black one, I even called her Black Widow, already in that moment I felt like both me and that horse were connecting in a way. When I was having a hard time getting on the horse I thought my cousins were gonna help me get on the horse since it was my first time getting in one after a decade, but it was the horse who helped me get on which surprised me. I was getting ready to ride that horse and once I was ready me and that horse started to ride happily, feeling like if I was in one of my favorite Mexican Telenovelas. Once I was gonna leave from riding my horse, already I could hear her whining like if she didn't want me to leave, and I swear my heart broke from hearing it like if I was leaving my animal soulmate, but I had to leave her because my uncles were daring me ride the bull, which I lasted longer than them, but every other weekend, me and my cousins go to that ranch so I can see how my Black Widow is doing. 

Summary: Today in class we learn what defines as a Native American Literature text, and how it's told in a way that they have been telling their stories over the past centuries, even though every Native tribe lives in in different groups, and the common themes their stories surround in, we also talk on what's the difference between myths,urban legends, and religion based stories.

Reflection: It was really interesting how today we learned on how one culture tells their stories or how they express their cultural background by telling their next generation in a way so they can remember it. It's also beautiful in a way how even in my culture we tell stories just like the Native Americans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week - August 14, 2026

A phrase that I found myself using the most - August 31,2026

How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection. - September 11, 2026