A Meaningful Object or Place in My Life
Prompt Response: A meaningful object in my life is my huge writing journal that I've been having since 7th grade. I started to have it after one night my parents fighting over something small once again, I couldn't stop replaying that moment in my head and because of that I couldn't sleep majority of the nights, until one of my friends told me that writing could help me be calmed and express what I feel throughout the day without overthinking it the whole night. Once I got my journal for the first time, I wrote how my parent's relationship affected me so much and by the time I wrote for a whole week I wrote about 12 poems or journal entries over my parents. By the time freshman year started, I wrote so much poems, journal entries, ideas for stories, or even songs, it didn't matter if it was about my parents, my family, school, even about moving on from my first ex, all that I cared about was that I was expressing my feelings and bottling them up in a certain level. I only started to use that journal more once second semester of freshman year started, sure I was still writing about my parents and my mental health but then my recent ex came along. Me and my journal will be up together writing those 50+ poems and songs all over how I felt towards this guy, sure he never knew about those poems or songs but I told myself that he will know about them someday, only that day never happened. For the past months, that journal has helped me with the heartbreak, anger, and even moving on in so many ways and it would only help me more throughout this year with me dealing this school year, having to deal him in one of my classes and even with anything in between.
Summary: Today in class we read our first example of a Native American literature, so we can read and listen to how the notes we took yesterday on what makes a Native American text a great guide when reading texts like this.
Reflection: It was a great and beautiful way on how the story was written and taught, and now and then I caught some references that I read or heard from the Bible making another way to understand the story more in depth. After reading the story it made me realize how even though they have a different religion than what I have, they still are grateful on having their beautiful land in their hands despite being destroyed multiple times, something that we all need to have in our conscious.
Comments
Post a Comment